Monday, March 9, 2015

New Shoes

New Shoes

Today I put on new shoes. 
They represent a new direction that my life has taken.
It is a leap of faith really, like the kind it takes to jump into a new life without all the answers and know that everything will work out for the best.
I visited the north rim of the grand canyon a few years ago. In my excitement to reach the edge and look out over the grand expanse of the canyon I left my companion behind in the parking lot. She decided to sit on a bench and chat with another tourist.
The two of them observed me on the edge of the canyon and I acknowledged and nodded to them. 
I saw below me a ledge and decided to jump down to get a better vantage point to take a picture.
As I jumped I heard a scream and wondered why. The two of them rushed over scolded me for scaring them. Innocently, I asked what they were referring to.
From their vantage point they saw me jump and disappear while from my vantage point I saw a better position to take a picture.
I promise you, I did not plan it that way although it would be the exact kind of thing I would purposely do.
That same scenario is playing out as I take a leap of faith into a new life and new direction. 
I can see clearly where I am going but to some, all they see is me disappearing over a cliff.
My new shoes are a bit tight and walking today made my foot tender, adjustments usually take time and this adjustment in my life will take some by surprise.
All I can say to them is that I feel at peace, the joy has come back into my life and I wake up each day amazed at the blessings and bounties of the heavens in my life.
I don’t have all the answers, I probably never will but this path and choice to take a leap of faith is right for me.

I have taken the unconventional path in life and that has made all the difference.

1 comment:

  1. We are so happy for you Gary! We love you and trust that you can see your own path better than we can. We hope to see you sometime soon.
    Alicia

    ReplyDelete