Wednesday, March 4, 2015

I now pronounce you ...

I now pronounce you …

While picking up some papers at the SLC clerks office Monday, the clerk ask if we would like to be witnesses for a wedding.
I announced that I would like that.
After entering the room we were asked to sign the marriage license.
The couple were radiant. 

There were children present, they were all excited and happy.
One little boy kept pulling faces as us and we obliged by doing the same back.
The clerk now dressed in black began the ceremony.
The couple looked deeply in each others eyes, tears welled up and we could see the love that each had for the other.
Both had professional careers and were merging families.
The clerk read the words and ask the questions, do you?
Both answered a firm I do.
They were dressed in identical outfits and were a beautiful couple.
Rings were exchanged and the words pronounced.
I now pronounce you Husband and Husband.

No comments:

Post a Comment