Sunday, December 11, 2011

Simplicity and the open road


Traveling down the highway today and watching the road with all the curves reminded me of how I view life. I can see what is ahead on the road for a short distance and I can look behind me in my mirror and see where I have been. I control the truck, choose where I go, how fast I travel and whether I stop to see the sights along the way. I am in control of my destination. 
I used to dream my dream, now I am living my dream. It is a life of freedom and unlimited choices. The busy freeway of competition and “more things?” I think not! Simplicity and the open road for me. 
I have gone through a transition this last year and I have had my heart opened wide and even though it was life changing and sometimes painful, I learned to trust my own heart. The outer world continues to argue over who is better, smarter, more righteous, richer, or beautiful. I say let them have it all. 
My life is one of simplicity, gentle words and honest smiles. To see another’s eyes sparkle with joy from a kind word or a kind deed, that is what inspires me. I express my love of life, my love of God, and love to my inner being for guiding me down life’s highway... Blessings to all, Gary

No comments:

Post a Comment