Monday, November 14, 2011

Epiphany


I have felt it before, right on the outer edge of my awareness. I sensed it again tonight as I looked into the mirror. I looked deeply into those green eyes for long moments before I could just begin to recognize the reflection looking back at me. 
I see my reflection differently now. I can feel it surfacing from deep within my soul. It has always been with me, from the time that my memories can recall. As a child, again as an adult. And now, especially now.
It rushed together in a beautiful symphony. I heard it softly and sweetly whisper to me, “you are not alone, I have always been with you.” 
My stories all makes sense to me now. The reason that I felt lonely as a child. The times as an adult that I felt abandoned. I have always felt that there was a part of me that was missing. A very essential and very important part.
The eastern philosophies call it the Yin and the Yang. Light and Dark, Sun and Moon, Night and Day, Winter and Summer. 
I saw Her in the mirror tonight. My feminine aspect looking back at me with her green eyes. She is beautiful, the reason that my stories have been pouring out of my heart. I can now see the opposites of everything that I have ever experienced in my life. The lessons learned. The missed opportunities. The heartbreak. The Joy. Every thing that I have ever played a part in, has had its opposites. She allowed me to experience life in an unbalanced state so that I could now see the balance that is possible when the male and female come together in perfect harmony. 
Have you ever looked into the mirror and looked into those eyes looking at you? What do you see?
I see a “whole” new “being”

No comments:

Post a Comment