Saturday, December 10, 2011

Chuck Norris and Pilar Wayne


Chuck and Pilar’s Room
There I was standing in Chucks room, mirrors covering the walls. Pictures of Chuck everywhere. I was proud of what I had done.  I was first introduced to chuck from the movie’s I had watched. He was tough and rugged and good looking.
I learned about mirrors from W.W. He apprenticed me. Taught me how to be successful in my life. He was good with his hands, could do almost anything. We worked together for almost 3 years, almost every day we would head out in that red truck. When people called, we showed up. 
I have been in some fabulous homes and offices. Showcases right out of the magazines. Architectural Digest. That was the place to be seen. My mirrors were included in several issues. 
Later when a call came from the Temple in Provo and Sandy, I was the one who was sent out on the job. Crystal chandeliers, beautiful paintings and ornate woodwork. It was a fun assignment.
I was sent out to do a job at place in Newport Beach. That was quite an experience. I knocked on the door and the maid answered. I told her that I was there to fix a problem. She took me through the house to the bedroom. There you are, she said. I walked in to inspect the job and there was Pilar. Laid out drunk on the bed. Sound asleep. I went back and got the maid. Oh, don’t pay any attention to Pilar, go ahead and do your work, she will never know you are here. So I did. Took me a couple of hours and then I left. Over the next several years I visited that bedroom many times. Each time I added another mirror. When I left, there was no room left for any more mirrors. It was totally mirrored.
I mirrored all 4 walls and ceiling in one bath. Kitchens were great places to put mirrors, I did one whole ceiling in a kitchen, it was amazing. I got a call from a hot tub sales room. They wanted me to install 2 way mirrors in a wall so they could use a hidden camera. I don’t even want to know the reason. I used black mirrors, gold mirrors, brown mirrors and speckled mirrors.
I have installed hundreds of mirrors, thousands over the years. That is how I happened to be in Chuck’s room. It was just before I left California and moved back to Utah. Chuck wanted me to install mirrors on the entire wall of his workout room. There was exercise equipment of every description. Chuck was a movie star. 
I never met Chuck Norris, he was so busy with his fame and movies, he was seldom home. That is the way it was with so many who installed those fancy mirrors.
Mirrors can help us as useful tools when we need to reflect an image back to us. They can increase the light or change the mood. Some times we hide behind those same mirrors. Use them to create illusions. Usually to altar our own perceptions of who we are. I have a few mirrors left. They help to remind me of my life when I was unsure of myself. I have come out from behind my mirror, I see myself in a new light. I like my reflection now, it  helps to give me a picture of what other people see. One of the best things that I ever did with a mirror was to really look at the person in that mirror. Me. I looked into those eyes and saw something that touched my soul. I gazed into my own eyes and saw a part of me that I had never noticed before. I looked until my eyes began to tear, and then I said, I love you. You are a creation of God. There is nothing that we can’t do ...
Pilar Wayne was a wonderful cook ... She made me quiche one day, it was wonderful. I got her cookbook and had her sign it for me. She has a website and sells paintings now. She is multitalented. I looked through the pictures. I didn’t see any of me there ... But John is.

No comments:

Post a Comment