Saturday, December 10, 2011

Naked Ladies and then Naked Ladies



There they were, right out in the open. When I drove by the first time I couldn’t believe my eyes. I backed up and parked the car. Right out in the broad daylight, there they were, nothing but nature herself. They were beautiful too. And fresh. When I got home, I told my wife and she had to see them too. Off we went, back to where I had seen them. Sure enough she saw them too. Both of us sat in the car with admiration.  
I lived in California for 13 years and over that time, I thought I had seen all the usual tourist sites. Disney, Knott's, Sea World, and the zoos. They used to have Wild Animal Park, it is closed now, but back when it was open it, was a fun activity. After paying your fee, you drove your car inside the enclosure and experienced all the animals up close. They were free to roam and we were in the car watching with the windows rolled up. I remember when Bubble’s got loose and left the area to a private pond. When a Hippo wants to get through a fence, there isn’t a lot you can do to stop it.
I had loaded my work truck one day and was on my way to a job when it happened again. I was driving up Harbor boulevard in Costa Mesa. I was passing the car dealerships when I spotted her. She was carrying a sign with something written on it. I didn’t see the words, all I could see was who was carrying that sign. A naked lady. The traffic was backed up there on that corner. It seemed like it took forever for me to get through the traffic. I saw her on the news later that night. A picture on the Front page of the Orange county register. She felt she had been cheated on a car she had bought. She tried to work it out with the dealership but they had refused to cooperate with her. This was her way of getting the media involved to bring attention to her plight. It sure brought her attention.
Ever heard of Little Beach? I hadn’t until I visited Maui for the first time. We were sharing a condo with some friends who go each year. They wait until March to go, that’s when they are sick of the cold and the snow of Utah’s winter and look forward to spending 3 weeks in the warm sun and pleasant climate. They invited us to go with them. I fell in love at first sight. I rented this bright yellow banana car. It is the kind that all the tourists get. The locals can always tell the tourists by the rental cars they drive. Next time, I am going to look into renting a car that specializes in older cars with normal colors. 
Everyone was so friendly on the island. Often the locals would stop traffic to let you enter the road. It is something that would go a long way here on the mainland. Our friends invited us to go to Little Beach with them. It is one of their favorite places to lay in the sun. We turned them down the first day, and the second day. But on the third day we decided to check it out. We Drove down to Big Beach and parked and carried our things to Little Beach. As we hiked up the short climb over the rocks, we saw them again. The naked ladies and gentlemen. They they were just as natural as nature and playing in the water and on the beach. Old ones and young ones. Big ones and little ones. Little Beach is a clothing optional beach, unofficially that is. Sometimes the local cops come and stir things up, but the next day, it is back to nature. Sitting on that beach really opened my eyes. This was not the playboy mansions pool. There were a number of beach whales there. Most were over 50, they were regular people. We watched as they came and undressed and watched as they dressed and left the beach.
My wife was a cute redhead. She had a cute figure and took care of herself. She had been self conscious of her varicose veins and had never even worn shorts. This was the first time I had seen her in a swimming suit. After spending the day at Little Beach, we talked a lot about how we felt about our experience. It really helped to boost her self esteem. She began to wear shorts and enjoy the cooler fashions. She saw that most of us have a false sense of how we look. Thinking that if we don’t look like the cover girls or movie stars that we are less than perfect. We were able to see a broad range of people on that beach in Hawaii. We both felt better about ourselves and were grateful for the experience. The People on Little Beach are like me and you, they just don’t have any tan lines. We got a beautiful tan there in Hawaii. Neither of us were brave enough to go natural but to  those that said to the world, “This is who I am. Take it or leave!” I salute them for their courage to take it all off. 
No tan lines? That may take awhile. I don’t have the same courage to hang out like the people of Little Beach, Hawaii.
I went to the garden store to find some help. They were not able to help me so I went to the nursery, they had what I needed. I bought a package and took them home. We decided to plant those bulbs in a place where they would be out in the open for everyone to see. I knew that next spring those bulbs would come out from the ground, bloom and cause others to stop and admire those naked ladies in our front yard.

No comments:

Post a Comment